Learn more about VARNISH
Varnish is an accelerator for websites operating on the principle of a reverse proxy
- Developed by the Norwegian software company eZ; Varnish is a solution of cache designed to improve the behavior heavy trafficked websites.
- Varnish will handle HTTP requests of visitors and communicate with your server by not calling for the creation of Web pages, except when necessary.
- If several visitors request the same resource, Varnish application only requests that page once and then transmitted to all visitors at the same time. If it is allowed to store a response, it does demand more than the server, for a given time (TTL).
- Only pages updates (news, articles ...) from the back office is reloaded. The response time is minimized and the speed of displaying the content optimally.
- To better distribute the load, Varnish Cache can also manage the load balancing by requesting the resource to different application servers.
- In addition, Varnish keeps in memory the entire site, if a server fails, he can continue to view the site perfectly.
- Varnish is an expanding technology, currently deployed on sites with high traffic: Facebook, Twitter, eBay, NY Times, ... SPORT24 Varnish version is open source (BSD license), and Enterprise edition for the ambitious plans .
- Varnish is Novactive's official partner. We provide Technical Support Council and with clients who have entrusted the mission to deploy this technology on their infrastructure.
- As an integrator eZ Publish expert, has developed Novactive eZ Varnish Cache, an extension available on the eZ Market to integrate this application accelerator for websites
- The extension is certified by eZ Systems.
- The combination of eZ Publish CMS, the Varnish Cache and developed by eZ Varnish allows us to multipliy the power of your site to manage dynamic publications under heavy traffic.
Learn more about technology eZ Publish
Learn more about our professional extensions for eZ Publish
See website Varnish Software